Saturday, August 7, 2010

I'm giong to try Target

When starting out with coupons, one of the best pieces of advice I read was to start with one store. Learn that store, their policies, how to shop there and get comfortable there. For me, that store has been Rite Aid. I LOVE RITE AID!!! This week, there are going to be a few really good deals at Target so tomorrow I'm going to try to get in on them. I have had a few problems in the past with my coupons not being accepted and so have not made Target a regular shopping place. But I think the deals I'm going to try to get there make it worth a stop. Target has some of their own coupons which can be "stacked" with manufacturers coupons. You can use a Target coupon PLUS a manufacturers coupon making for some really good deals. Here's what I plan to get.

Bic pens $1 per pack.
Use $1 off 2 packs Target coupon + $1 off 2 packs manufacturers coupon
Two packs should be free

Rayovac batteries $1 per pack
Use $1 off 1 pack coupon
Each pack should be free

Post It Sticky notes $1
Use $1 off 1 pack coupon
Each pack should be free

SoBe 20oz bottles $1
Use $0.50 off 1 bottle Target coupon + Buy 1 Get 1 free manufacturers coupon
Each bottle should be $0.25
This is one where it might be possible to get both for free by using 2 $0.50 off Target coupons. I have read that this is possible in some stores. However, since I haven't had good coupon luck at my store, I'm not going to press my luck.

I've also read that there are many clearanced items in the cleaning section. I plan to take my coupon binder just in case. I never know when I might find something on clearance that would be free with a coupon. I'm not very good at finding those deals yet but I try to keep my eyes open. When I become a coupon genius I hope to be able to spot those deals from a mile away!

No comments:

Post a Comment