Sunday, August 8, 2010

Coupon success at Target

Last week I read that Target had their Play-Doh magic swirl ice cream shoppe on sale for $8 plus you could get a free pack of Play-Doh with purchase. There is also a $5 off coupon available on line. So, I printed off my coupons and made a morning trip to Target. But... when I got there, they were clean out and I missed this special deal. I was super bummed because I know Sirena would LOVE this and it was an awesome price since it normally sells for $14. Well, tonight when I was swinging through the toy section, I found tons of magic swirl ice cream shoppes priced at $9. I was still carrying my coupons and decided to jump on the deal now instead of waiting for it to go back to full price. I got each one for $4 and I didn't get the extra pack of Play-Doh but it's still a good price so I'm happy.


I got everything above for under $9. Considering the cost of the ice cream shoppes were each $4, that makes the rest pretty cheap. I got four packs of Bic pens (9 pens in each bag) and 6 packs of post-it sticky notes, all for free!! The Sobe's were $0.25 each.

I couldn't find the $1 Rayovac batteries. I guess I'll just have to wait for them to show up again. I was also looking for a Shout deal. In order to do it right, I would need to buy 6 bottles. When I got there, there were only two left. Not enough for my special deal. I guess there are other couponers in the area after the same products I want. Now I have to decide if I want to make another trip later in the week to try again or just scrap it. Who knows. But I'm happy to report that all of my coupons were accepted without a problem. There were none of the bad coupon beeps, only good coupon beeps which meant that they were all accepted! I love it when they scan without problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment