Monday, July 5, 2010

In the beginning...

As of today, I've been couponing for about 1 month. I've learned many things along the way and have found that it is possible to save a lot of money with coupons. One thing I felt needed to be done was to make a list of how much we currently pay for the items we buy most often. Currently, we do most of our shopping at CostCo. I love buying in bulk because it means fewer shopping trips and I usually have what I need on hand when I need it. Tonight we took a trip to CostCo and I went down every aisle and wrote down the price and quantity of each item we purchase frequently. I plan to put this info into a spreadsheet to have on hand whenever I evaluate a deal. It's only a good deal if it saves me money. So, the goal at this time is to beat CostCo prices. In order to do that, I need to know what CostCo prices are. Tomorrow I plan to input my data in my spreadsheet and start analyzing the numbers. We'll see where that takes me...

No comments:

Post a Comment